We at PKG Group are passionate about preserving our environment for ourselves and for those that follow. Sustainability is a core value and endemic to our corporate identity. By continually encouraging partners, customers and the general-public, we hope to foster sustainability as a priority. With the goal of reducing plastic waste, PKG Group is instrumental in developing and promoting new sustainable products, either through custom package development or through our catalog of eco-friendly products.
We support the Plastic Circular Economy
Products designed and developed with recyclable materials
Products Engineered to be Refillable and Easy to Use
Products developed with less plastic material
One Material Pump
We are proud to offer recycle ready packages that utilize our one material bellows engine!
The Bellows Engine is a 100% polyolefin system designed to fit our existing lines of airless and dip tube packages.
Comprised of PP and PE, this patent pending design replaces the traditional metal spring found inside pumps with a PE bellows spring, and replaces POM with recyclable PP, so the whole pump can be recycled in one piece!
The Bellows Engine is now available in various sizes and doses to fit seamlessly with many of our existing packages.
The Circular Economy of Plastics
As a mechanism of reducing plastic waste, we advocate for a circular economy based on four core components: Reduce, Recycle, Reuse and Innovation.
A circular economy is a system of one or more “closed loops” where (raw) materials and products maintain value and are redistributed back into the loop, resulting (ideally) in no waste. In contrast, plastics are predominantly used once and discarded, ending up in landfills and oceans.
PKG Group champions the sustainable use of plastics: Reduce, Recycle, Refill and Innovation.
Products engineered to minimize the use of virgin plastic
- Reduce the need of additional petrochemicals (crude oil, natural gas).
- Increase use of Post Consumer Resin (PCR)
- PCR PP, PCR PET, and PCR PE
- Increases the demand of PCR propelling the circular economy.
- Increase use of paper in packaging.
Products designed for easy recyclability
- Metal-free products
- Mono-material products
- Compliance with current recycling stream / collection
PKG Circular Economy
Products engineered to be refillable
- Refillable airless systems
- Easy refilling
- Reduction of contamination
- Recyclable after reaching end-of-life, for many models
Interchangeable packaging development
- Standards for refillable components
Focus on future. New challenges will arise. New ideas will be needed.
- New resins and formulations
- Bio resins
- Products that best exploit new recycling technologies
- Advanced Recycling
- Novel techniques to further use PCR while maintaining quality.
Reduce Carbon Emissions with Refills
Below is the total percentage of carbon emissions saved by utilizing our refillable packaging options. Click on the item name to view in our virtual catalog.
- 50ml 97.63% 97.63%
- 15ml 80.21% 80.21%
- 30ml 80.80% 80.80%
- 50ml 81.08% 81.08%
- 100ml 83.31% 83.31%
- 4ml (Silicone) 74.75% 74.75%
- 4ml (Silicone Module) 67.88% 67.88%
- 4ml (Ball) 75.17% 75.17%
- 4ml (Ball Module) 68.42% 68.42%
- 10ml (Silicone Module) 75.10% 75.10%
- 50ml (74mm height) 88.10% 88.10%
- 5ml 77.17% 77.17%
- 10ml 76.38% 76.38%
- 30ml (Spot) 49.92% 49.92%
- 30ml (Dome) 45.36% 45.36%
- 50ml 77.17% 77.17%